Thursday, January 31, 2008

drip....drip....drip....

I have finally finished unpacking. YAY! Marilee and I have decided that there's no way we can ever move because we have way too much stuff. The maintenance man who was supposed to come on Sunday has still yet to grace us with his presence. Thus, we still have an oven that doesn't work, a heater that makes scary clicking sounds, a leaking shower, a leaking roof, only one mailbox key, and lights that flicker every few minutes. But other than that, it's home sweet home! The other day we ventured on to campus to check the bookstore for any of our books, adn $200+ later, we own 5 of the 13 books we need for Monday. We've started reading one of the books for our Seminar class that's about a doctor who spent the majority of his career in a leper colony. The first chapter alone almost made me lose my dinner, and the book is 321 pages. Man I miss Harry Potter! We're also quizzing each other on anatomy, and I'm frightened by how much I've forgotten over three years. Hopefully I can trigger some memory cells before our first anatomy class on Tuesday. Anywho, that about sums up everything here. It has finally stopped raining, although I just saw that it's supposed to rain again this weekend. Here's a picture of the snow on the mountains. It's amazing 1. because I can actually SEE the mountains, and 2. that's a TON of snow!

And here is a picture from the second Garth Brooks concert when I was sitting on the floor. He put on some amazing shows (5 concerts in 2 nights!), and helped raise over $10 million for the victims of the recent wildfires and the future of CA firefighters. What an amazing man!

1 comment:

Gioconda said...

Hi,

Glad to hear you are settling in. Can you send me your email address. I can't find it for some reason.

Betty