Sunday, January 20, 2008

the big move

So I'm pretty much officially moved in to my apartment now. Yesterday my parents, Jeff and I took the majority of my belongings to West Covina, or "West Co" as I'm told it's called. All that's left are my clothes, pillows, and some bathroom items. Jeff's parents also were kind enough to drive up and deliver the couch they gave me. Our parents finally got to meet after 2 1/2 years! We all had lunch together and then we went back and emptied out a few boxes. The apartment is starting to look more homey and I can almost picture myself living there, crooked toilet and all! I'll post a few pictures once we decorate a little and the boxes are all thrown out. The only unfortunate event of the day was when we went to leave in Jeff's truck, I noticed that there was a crack in Jeff's windshield, and as I followed the crack up, realized it had been shattered right behind the rear view mirror. Turns out that there were some kids up the hill behind my apartment complex that were throwing rocks at the cars and shattered Jeff's windshield and the windshield on the car parked next to him. We learned all this from another tenant who was working on his car and heard the kids talking on the hill. Anyway, long story short, we called the cops, but because no one saw which kids were throwing the rocks (there were a whole slew of kids at a birthday party), all they could do was write up a report for Jeff to give to his insurance. Talk about a lousy way to end a long, tiring day! Needless to say, I'm going to attempt to get a parking spot under the basketball courts where no punk, trouble-maker children can throw rocks at my car. That just about sums up the weekend, except the tragedy of the Chargers losing to New England. *sigh* Oh well. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, especially those of you lucky enough to have Monday off as well!

No comments: