Friday, January 11, 2008

This really is happening!

Yesterday my mom and I went down to Azusa to talk to the fine people at financial aide and got all our questions answered (for now). I turned in the paperwork for the first, of many, loans...yikes! I didn't think I was going to be so nervous, but when it came time to sign the papers, I started realizing just how much this is going to cost me. Before it was just a large number, but now it's a real number with real value, and 6.8% interest, and suddenly it has much greater meaning. Jeff reminded me that so long as I'll make $5000 a year more than a P.E. teacher, this is worth it. ...but it's still a LOT of money!

After signing paper after paper, we headed down to my apartment in West Covina, to sign more papers! I now have keys to my apartment and the gates, and a clicker to get into the parking areas. Then, realizing what time it was and that we'd soon be sentencing ourselves to rush hour traffic, we unloaded an entire 4-Runner full of stuff, up the stairs to my second-floor apartment, all in about 20 minutes! We were quite impressed with ourselves! Just the first of a few more loads of stuff, but at least we made a dent! I also learned that our next door neighbor plays the violin, but at least you can't hear it once you're inside....this could get old!

Anyway, I guess yesterday really served as a wake-up call that yes, this really is happening, and before I know it, I really am going to be in class all day every day for the next 3 years. Yes, I really am moving out of my parent's house, this time possibly for forever. Yes, I am signing my life away in student loans, but that's ok because this is what I've wanted to do for so long and everything is finally happening, and for once, everything in my life just seems to fit. Yes, I am excited, scared, nervous, and happy all at once, but isn't that the beauty of life? That you can feel so many emotions simultaneously, yet at the same time, feel at peace with yourself. These next years are going to be truly amazing, and I can't wait!

P.S. I was a substitute player in my mom's bunco group last night and ended up winning for the most bunco's and came home with $25! Now I can eat for a few days! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kenzi, this is so cool! I have no inkling how one sets up a blog, but what a neat idea. Is there HTML for adding a polk-a-dot background? Glad you’ve thought of a nifty way to stay in touch with all of us. You’re doing an exciting thing for your life and I’m rooting for you!

Love, Juke

PS….Send your address when you can.

BilMas said...

"Forever" just sounds so permanent!