Friday, January 25, 2008

I made it, rain and all...

Well, I'm here! I moved down in the pouring rain on Wednesday, which I would not recommend doing. By the time I had finished getting everything visible from my car into my apartment, my pants were literally dripping wet and I was exhausted. I made a quick trip to Target and Bed Bath and Beyond to get some stuff I needed to put my bed together, and then collapsed. One might think that a full night of sleep was in order, but no. Our roof is leaking somewhere, but there is only audible proof, nothing visual. So of course, the intelligent landlord that we have thinks we are crazy. Also, my window is loose in its frame so it rattles at the slightest breeze. After night two of nonstop rattling, I'm shoving cardboard in there. Anyway, Marilee came down yesterday in more pouring rain from Pleasanton, and since the Grapevine was closed due to all the snow, she came down the coast in a lovely 9 hours! All day today we were in orientation, hearing how we were going to spend even MORE money as they handed us an entire sheet of items we need in a week. There were also a few Q & A sessions with current 2nd and 3rd year students, and basically a whole bunch of information overload that I'll have to sort through when my brain has recovered. Tonight, Marilee, her mom and I are going to the Garth Brooks concert, which hopefully we can stay awake through since it doesn't start until 10. My mom is coming down tomorrow and then I'll go to Garth again tomorrow night with her, when I scored a 3rd row floor seat ticket. The best advice all day was that we needed to come into the program as well rested and unstressed as possible, so this next week is going to be a time to unpack my things slowly and get some air before the whirlwind begins. Everybody breathe in...and breathe out...

No comments: