Thursday, May 21, 2009

San Diego, studying, and more...


Last weekend I escaped down to San Diego to get in a quick visit with Melissa, Derek, and Grady. I got to be a huge Grady hog, and it was wonderful! I love that little guy! And I can't believe how big he's already gotten...Melissa retired 2 outfits while I was down there. He moves around a lot more (his arms and legs that is), and likes just staring at you taking it all in. He was a smiling, cooing, hiccuping snuggle bug. I can't wait to watch him grow up. I can already tell he's going to be a lot of fun! I didn't take that many pictures...it's a little hard when your hands are full with him! :) It was kind of spontaneous and last-minute, so thanks Melissa & Derek for letting me come on such short notice!



On a school note...only 2 months and 20 days until I start my first rotation! I couldn't be more excited. You can tell the whole class is getting the itch to get out of the classroom and into the clinic. We're getting a little stir-crazy, finding it hard to focus, and all-around are tired and burnt-out. We've been having guest speakers almost every day, which means lots of getting dressed up to sit in class. Fun. We're spending some time out in Peds clinics on various days, and I don't have any today...meaning, I get the day off! Of course there's studying to do, but that means I get to fulfill my urge to bake, and that sounds just wonderful. And meet my new friend...


This is my study book for comps, and I will be spending a lot of quality time with it. And the reason it looks so huge...because it is! Close to 1000 pages of review material, study guides, and practice tests. Woohoo! Hopefully it will be my ticket to success in passing these stinking tests. Only time will tell.

Alright, back to work. I'll be heading up to Kernville with Jeff and his family this weekend. Enjoy your BBQ's, beach trips, pool parties, etc. this Memorial Day! Have fun and be safe!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love the sheep tail pic. It was fun having you come down! Have fun in the Heights this weekend!