Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Weekend Escape...

This week, for some reason, seemed longer than the past few. We had a Pharmacology test on Monday, which was nearly impossible. Fortunately, not just for me, but for the entire class. This professor just dropped to the bottom of our list. We also had 2 tests on Thursday (Gen Med and Prosthetics/Orthotics). Although neither one of them were too terrible, the amount of energy that goes into preparing for 2 tests on the same day is 10x more than if there's only 1. I don't know how this math of 10 times the amount of energy for twice the amount of work adds up, but Thursday night I was exhausted! Friday I had to get my titers drawn, but this lady was amazing. She got my seal of approval...no tears or passing out (on my part), and she only poked me once! Then I headed home to T.O. for the weekend.

Jeff came down for the weekend too, since we didn't get to be together on my birthday. Saturday was my mom's birthday, so we kind of did a joint birthday celebration...something we're both used to. Good thing we are sharing kind of people! We went to go check out a wedding location on Saturday that I had found online, but didn't really care for it in person (amazing what they can do to pictures online!) and it would have been too small for our wedding anyway. Thank you Jeff for going with us...that meant a lot! Jeff and I went to the movies and saw the new X-men movie. Then we checked out the mall since its recent remodel. Well, more like we walked in, went in to get my birthday freebie from Sephora, and walked back out. I didn't want to push my luck with Jeff! :) That night we went out to dinner to Wood Ranch, and went home for cake, ice cream, and presents. Who doesn't like presents?! (or cake and ice cream for that matter!)

For Mother's Day today, we picked up my grandma and went out to lunch at a deli in Ventura. It's always good to see her. Wish I could schedule in more family time, but that will have to wait until grad school is over...a common theme that I'm noticing. Then Jeff took off and headed back up to SLO. And I'm back at school, doing laundry, running errands, and trying to get back into study mode. A weekend is too much of a tease as far as spending time with Jeff. Just when I'm getting used to having him again, we have to go our separate ways. I much prefer when I get him for a whole week! Oh well...a weekend is better than nothing!

Well, I should get some groceries so I'm not really a starving student. Thanks Mom, Dad, and Jeff for a terrific belated birthday celebration! Happy birthday and Mother's Day again Mom! And everyone remember that the price of stamps goes up tomorrow by 2 cents...lame!

1 comment:

The Wharton Gang said...

Love this timeline! I will have to steal it from you on my next birthday! Hope you dont mind. You have been one busy girl, but all of that craziness will add up to good things!