Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day!

For those of you who don't know what May Day is...shame on you! You should google it, but here are some hints...think maypole, dancing, flowers, end of winter...the day my mom wanted me to be born on. :) For us Americans, here's our tradition (compliments of Wikipedia):

May Day was also celebrated by some early European settlers of the American continent. In some parts of the United States, May Baskets are made. These baskets are small and usually filled with flowers or treats and left at someone's doorstep. The basket giver would ring the bell and run away. The person receiving the basket would try to catch the fleeing giver. If they caught the person, a kiss was to be exchanged.

Isn't that sweet?! On my budget, the best I could do was draw a basket of flowers on our whiteboard on the fridge. It's the thought that counts!

We had our physicals this week before we go out in the clinics in August, and I got a clean bill of health. Yay! But I still have to get some titers drawn that I put off for a year...darn! We had a major Peds test today, and I'm running on 4 hours of sleep. I think it went fairly well, considering the humongous amount of information that was on it. I took a nap, but still feel exhausted. Oh, but I have the weekend to recover, right? Wrong! We have 3 tests and 3 papers due next week. But my mom is still going to come out tomorrow so we can spend some time together so my weekend won't be completely ruined. And heck, it's May, so that just makes everything better anyway! Hope you got some flowers on your doorstep today, and a kiss if you were lucky enough! :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

It IS my favorite day!