Sunday, May 3, 2009

24 Candles...

Wow...I'm 24! How did this happen?! I'm not really sure where this last year went. Oh wait, yes I do...it went to APU! But I must have had some fun in between! Here's a little timeline from the year of 23...

May 2008:
-Lots of time spent at school, in the smelly cadaver lab, and studying in various locations.
-Memorial Day in Kernville...I studied while everyone else partook in activities I deemed "not worth the risk of getting hurt" (i.e. white water rafting, quadding, etc.)

June 2008:
-Learned that it's ok to have a little fun while we're in this program
-Successfully passed my second round of finals...YAY!
-Began summer term, our easiest term of the entire program.

July 2008:
-4th of July up in Kernville with lots of Jeff's family. Late night games, s'mores, sea-doo riding, and watching the fireworks out in the wind.
-Started (and finished) conducting our research project. Now all that's left to do is process all the data and write the paper!


August 2008:
-Sarah and Steve's wedding in Colorado
-ROADTRIP! Lots of fun memories on this one...10 mile hike, hummer ride, getting caught in a lightning storm, s'mores around the campfire, beautiful scenery...the list goes on!
-We find out Melissa is pregnant! Yay! I'm going to be an Aunt! :)
-2 week internship up in SLO (and they liked me!)

September 2008:
-Started Fall I...one of the hardest terms of the program
-5 year high school reunion, which I did not attend due to school consuming my life

October 2008:
-Ummm, my life was consumed by school.
-My friend Jocelyn had her baby girl, Abby...yay, I'm an Auntie!
-Managed to pass all my finals. Hooray!

November 2008:
-Got to be with Jeff on his birthday
-Tried to relax during my week off, but did do a little studying to get ahead for the next term. This is starting to get sick!
-Started Fall II...the other hardest term of the entire program
-Thanksgiving up in Kernville with Jeff's family


December 2008:
-2 weeks in Hawaii...a much needed vacation! Lots of fun zip-lining, golfing, kayaking, walks on the beach, watching the sunsets, snorkeling, oh yea, and plenty of study time too! Grad school doesn't really give you vacations!
-I'M ENGAGED! The happiest day of my life! I love you Jeff!

January 2009:
-HAPPY NEW YEAR!
-Got thrown back into school with 2 weeks before finals. Not fun! BUT, I passed them all and now have the feeling that I can conquer the world. At least the grad school world!


February 2009:
-Melissa's baby shower...Grady is almost here!
-Viva Las Vegas! APTA conference in Vegas for 4 days where I got LOTS of freebies!
-I am deathly ill. 2 trips to Urgent Care (which I just got the bill for...OUCH!), lots of drugs and antibiotics later, I'm FINALLY healthy again
-Crate & Barrel Wedding Party...fun and more freebies!

March 2009:
-Celebrated Tori's birthday. She turned 25, time for a quarter-life crisis! :)
-Jeff came down and we went to Disneyland to make up for Valentine's day, which I missed out on due to being sick
-Grady was born! Jeff and I are SO excited to be his loving Uncle and Aunt!

April 2009:
-Went wedding dress shopping for the first time with my mom, sister, and Jocelyn...found a possibility
-Bon Voyage party for my sister
-Easter with the family
-Tori left on the 16th for Botswana :(
-Got to meet Grady for the first time...LOVE him!
-Volunteered at a triathlon to raise money for people with disabilities

May 2009 (all 2 days before my birthday):
-Took a test big enough to be a final
-Went out to lunch with some of my study friends
-Went wedding dress shopping again with my mom...found another possibility
-Went out to dinner with my mom at CPK...YUM!
-Went to sleep for the last time as 23 years old


So there you have it. That was how I spent my year being 23. I may have been busy with school, but I managed to get in a fair number of terrific memories! Thanks for all who were a part of this last year. It was a fun ride! Now, off to study on my birthday, and eat my leftovers and birthday cake!

3 comments:

Lori said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MACKENZIE NIKOLE MASON! I LOVE YOU! AUNTIE LORI

Mom said...

I could give you the highlights of the last 24 years and 9 months of my life, but it would be REALLY REALLY long! Just know that it would be packed with stories of how you have changed my life, filling it with incredible joy and love and pride. Happy Birthday Bright Eyes! I love you so much!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Kenzi!!! No, we won't be making it to The Heights for Memorial Day this year. Probably the 4th of July trip. We hope to see you soon though!