Saturday, March 29, 2008

term #1...over?!?!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things have been quite hectic. Friday marked the last day of class, and the day that we finished all 3 pages of our check-offs. Our finals start with a bang on Monday. We have our Clinical Skills written final and practical, combined worth half our grade. I'm not as worried about the written portion, but the practical scares me. We will be given, at random, with a random partner, 5-6 skills to demonstrate and explain as we are video-taped. If you don't pass the practical with an 80%, you don't pass the class...no pressure! Tuesday is our Seminar final that we're taking as a group (I love this class!). Wednesday is our Anatomy lab practical, and Thursday is our Anatomy lecture final. And then I'm out of here!

I got my titers back, and apparently am not immune to Hepatitis B and Rubella, despite getting all the required shots. More support for the theory that vaccinations aren't as effective as you age. So I have to get those shots before I head out town. Goody!

Plans for the break:
Thursday drive up to SLO
Friday-Monday Jeff and I will join his parents in Kernville
Monday-Thursday I'll relax in SLO
Thursday-Friday I'll be at home (Friday we're going to Wicked)
Saturday Jeff and I are going to La Landa del Raton Miguel (Disneyland) :)
Sunday I'll head back to West Covina :(

Meanwhile, I'll be catching up on all the sleep I didn't get the past 9 weeks, making notecards for the next 9 weeks, and hopefully letting my brain get a break. I'm really looking forward to doing nothing!

Hope everyone is doing well, and maybe I'll be able to return phone calls and emails for once! :) Wish me luck this coming week!

No comments: