Tuesday, April 8, 2008

coming back up for air...

I love being on break!!! :) As if anyone thought I wouldn't enjoy having a week off. I forgot how nice it is to sit around and do nothing. Jeff and I got back to SLO yesterday afternoon from a few days in Kernville with his parents. We didn't do a whole lot, which was right up my alley. We did go on a quad ride though, and there was still snow on the ground! I only got stuck a few times, but I now am suffering the consequences via soreness. How out of shape you can get sitting around all day in class for 9 weeks! We also watched 3:10 to Yuma, which actually was a pretty good movie. I'm usually not a huge western fan, but this one had a decent plot line to it. Plus, listening to Becky's reaction anytime someone got shot was hilarious! I need to watch more movies with her! :) I wish I brought my camera cord so I could upload some pictures of the wildflowers on the drive up there. Beautiful yellows, oranges, purples, and pinks...and of course, cows. I will have to post them when I get back home. Jeff ended up taking yesterday off so we could spend an extra day up there and spend more time together. Wish you Mitas' and Stephens' could have been there with us!

Right now Jeff is at work, so I am catching up on missed TV episodes, and soon will be starting to prepare for next term by making flashcards and study guides ahead of time...hopefully it helps! Note that I am delaying this for as long as possible...

As for finals, all in all I think they went well. *fingers crossed* Seminar I got 100% on the final due to the combined brilliance of my class (we cheered with every right answer we got). I will be shocked if I don't pull off an A in Professional Relationships. I got an 87% on the Clinical Skills written exam and a 98% on the practical exam. I'm both happy and mad/frustrated with that class, because although I did well and got a 92%, I missed getting an A- by 1%, and no, she did not round up. If this were undergrad I would have an A-...I miss those days! Grr! That grade is going to be mine next term! Anatomy has yet to reveal itself grade-wise, but I think I did well on the written, and hopefully passed the practical. We are all unsure how we did on the practical b/c it was much more difficult than the first one. Anyway, enough school talk...I'm on break! :)

Just enjoying some downtime in my old stomping grounds before I head down to T.O. on Thursday. Will write more later...now back to relaxing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy did you earn this break! ENJOY!!! m

Anonymous said...

We are very upset with you for not even CALLING us. How dare you come into our territory and not contact your beloved ex- coworkers. ha!

_Nicole and Michelle (just in case you forgot we are with LOPT) :)