Sunday, April 13, 2008

Break's over :(

As hard as it is to say, the break is over, and tomorrow I head back to school. I had a lot of fun and caught up on sleep (sort of), and relaxed (definitely), and enjoyed spending time with Jeff, his family, and my family. I didn't do much in SLO, yet at the same time, I felt like those days flew by faster than the rest. By the time I would wake up, eat breakfast and shower, it was already time to meet Jeff for lunch. Then I would run errands for him or explore downtown, and then he was already home for dinner. Then we would watch a movie or play video games, and before you knew it, it was Thursday and it was time to go to T.O. Best part about SLO: being able to spend time with Jeff...DUH! Worst part about SLO: the gas prices! By the time I left, it was $3.96, and Jeff informs me it is now $3.99. OUCH! I had to take a picture to prove it. And sorry LOPT-er's for not coming by OR calling. I really was in quite the time-warp and couldn't tell you what day it was. Next time I'm up there I will at least call to let you all know I'm in the area! :)

Now for T.O. happenings... Thursday night my mom's BUNCO group met at our house, and I was a sub for one of the members. I didn't win anything, despite have 14 mini's and 16 losses. At least I got good laughs and good food out of it! Friday I ran some errands with my mom and that evening my mom and dad took my sister and I to go see Wicked for our birthdays (hers was in March and mine is coming up in May).


Before the show we went on the "Behind the Emerald Curtain" tour, where 2 of the cast members gave us insider secrets about the show. There were also original costumes, masks, wigs, set designs, and pictures out for us to see. Here is Glinda's "Bubble Dress."
All the beads and sequins are hand-sewn onto it, and the original dress took 30 days to sew with I think they said 4 people working on it. Now they can crank one out in 15 days, but it's still a ton of work! Then we got to go inside the theater to watch part of the sound-check going on. It was really neat, and the play was AMAZING! I loved it, and can understand how such a cult following has developed around it. I've been listening to some of the original Broadway recordings of the songs, and I actually prefer the actresses we had to those. Anyway, it's a terrific play and if you ever get the chance, you should see it!


Jeff and his roommate, Ed, and his girlfriend, Erin, came down Friday night and we all went to Disneyland on Saturday. It was really hot (at least 90º) and crowded, but we still had a lot of fun and had very wise fast pass useage. Still haven't been on Nemo because the line was long even at 10 pm...parents shouldn't let their kids stay up so late!

My legs are sore today since I don't do that much moving around anymore. I'm pretty exhausted from being in the heat and all the walking, and fell asleep on the couch I think 3 times this afternoon.

Then we all said our good-bye's and now I'm back at my apartment. When I first walked in, it was 97º inside the place, and I think now it is about 80º. Slowly, but surely it's cooling off, but I think I might die when the heat of the summer really comes around.

All in all, it was a terrific break, and I'm sad that it is over. I am excited to go back to class, but at the same time, I'll miss the downtime that I won't have for another 9 weeks. I think next break (June) I won't schedule so much, and take more time to just sit around and enjoy having time to do nothing. :) Thanks everyone for making my break so special, and know that I am missing you all already!

No comments: