Saturday, March 1, 2008

weeks 3-4

So it's been kind of hectic lately, with pretty much non-stop studying. We've had an anatomy quiz every week and two midterms (1 in clinical skills and 1 in seminar). I'm starting to get a little frustrated b/c there's SO much information in anatomy and no matter what study tactic I use, the information is not sticking as well as I would like. So I'm talking to our professor on Monday to try to figure out a better way to make this work. Yesterday, Marilee and I did "check-offs" for clinical skills, where we demonstrated palpation and muscle testing techniques that we've learned so far, and we got signed off on all of them. YAY! We're going to have to do this pretty much every week til the end of the term, but it's helpful for when we have to do all of them at the final.

Let me tell you, it's study central around here. I've never studied so hard in my life, and I'm becoming mentally exhausted. I've got to suck it up though, b/c this week we have something every day. There's a clinical skills midterm Monday, a seminar presentation on Tuesday, a professional relationships midterm on Wednesday, an anatomy quiz on Thursday, and an anatomy lab practical on Friday. There will be some celebrating on Friday that's for sure (or a lot of sleeping)! I have to get my physical/titers/shots done on Friday afternoon too, which I'm REALLY looking forward to...NOT! The cadavers are getting smellier by the day, but we've got some cool stuff on Harley that they're planning on using as questions on the practical. We are going into the lab today for 3-4 hours to study for the practical b/c there will be questions on all of the cadavers. And then it's back to more studying. I am looking forward to my week off in April SO much! I'm almost at the half-way mark, thank goodness! Anyway, time to get to work. Happy March everyone!

No comments: