Sunday, March 16, 2008

Week 6

Only two more weeks of classes followed by a week of finals, and my first term of grad school is already over! I cannot believe it. I ended up doing fairly well on all the tests I had last week. I got 100% in seminar, but that doesn't really count because we took it as a class. :) I got a 98% in Professional Relationships, not sure how I did on the quiz in Anatomy because he was out of town this past week, and passed the stinkin' anatomy practical with an 80%. I know there are people in our class who did not even pass the practical, so I will stay satisfied knowing that I passed and aim for higher next time.

I finally got my blood drawn, and I have HUGE veins according to the second nurse. I'm never going back to the health center again for lab work! My mom stopped by yesterday on her way to Arizona. We got a shopping trip in to Target and had a nice catch-up chat over lunch. I know she stayed longer than she had intended, but it was nice having her around. Last night I went over to Jeff's Aunt Suzie's and met up with his parents, and the Mitas family. We planned out our trip back from the wedding in Colorado in August, and I'm really excited to be going to a bunch of National Parks that I've never been to. I also helped make decisions on the bridal shower. It was nice to get out of the apartment, and spend time with people who are not in the program.

I've got a Clinical Skills test tomorrow, so I'm meeting up with people to study later today. I've got CPR training early Wednesday morning, and then we're going to a hospital in Pomona to interview patients. We're practicing our initial evaluation skills, and I think it'll be a nice change from sitting inside a classroom. I can't wait to go home this weekend, even if it is for only a day and a half. Things are moving quickly, and I really can't wait for the break. May the luck of the Irish be with you tomorrow!

No comments: