Monday, April 6, 2009

the SLO life...

Another stressful week of finals over, another term down! I finished my last final of the term on Thursday morning, and I was out of there immediately after. Of course, I forgot a whole bag of stuff filled with things I was going to do over this break (scrapbook, recipes I wanted to try out, books I wanted to read, magazines, my wedding book to show my sister before she leaves for Botswana, etc.). That's why I usually don't pack up my car before my last final, but I really wanted to get out of there. My timing was quite perfect on the way up, and I stopped to have lunch with my mom during her short lunch break. Then I drove the rest of the way up to SLO, and have been enjoying the SLO life ever since.

Jeff and I went to Farmer's Market that night, which truly makes the SLO experience complete. I miss having a year-round Farmer's, but soon enough I will be back up here and be reunited! Jeff's former roommate David and his fiance Jeannette came into town on Saturday morning, and spent the weekend with us. We didn't do very much, caught up with each others lives, ate yummy food, played Guitar Hero World Tour. We even made a trip out to the Avila Valley Barn to pay a visit to the goats. I've never been there in the off season before, so there wasn't as much produce or pumpkins as usual, but it was still fun. That place is always growing, and I love watching the kids feeding the animals and going on the hay ride. If you're ever in this neck of the woods, I strongly recommend it!

Other than that, we haven't done much. I've successfully been a lazy bum. We've watched a couple movies, plenty of TV and March Madness, played some video games, and I baked some shortcakes to go with our fresh strawberries...thanks for the recipe Mom! They were delicious!

No grades posted yet. I'm not too worried about it, but you just never know. The weather has been pretty nice, but tomorrow it's supposed to rain. We'll see if the weatherman is actually right. Not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the week. Maybe go check out a few potential wedding sites? :) I forgot to mention that I did not attend the Central Coast Bridal Fair that just so happened to be on Sunday because David and Jeannette were in town. Jeff dodged the bullet on that one! Good thing I still have two years! Maybe I'll go explore downtown... If you have any inspiring ideas, send them my way! Until then, I'll keep being a bum!

No comments: