Sunday, April 19, 2009

Meeting Grady...


This weekend Jeff and I got to go down to San Diego to get meet our new nephew Grady. What a sweetheart! Jeff and I are so much in love with him. Course, if you ask Jeff if he likes being an uncle, his response is "sure." (I know he's really thrilled). He's actually still down there and will drive back up to SLO tomorrow, but I unfortunately had to come back up today. I'm more than a little jealous...not gonna lie. Sometimes this whole school thing really puts a damper on my life!


I tested out a bunch of Grady's reflexes for my Pediatrics class (and recorded some of them too, with Melissa and Derek's permission of course), and he passed with flying colors. As if we had any doubts! Jeff's parents also came down on Saturday to spend the day and fight over the little peanut. He is so very loved by many people...what a lucky kid! I didn't become a Grady hog (GH) until today, when I pulled the "I'm leaving today" card and was a major GH. I just couldn't get enough of him, and I already miss him a lot. Grady sure liked to fall asleep in my arms...something I never could get sick of. I'm not sure when I'll get back down there, but hopefully it won't be too long! I hope Melissa & Derek don't mind company! :) I sure am one proud Auntie!


My sister left on Thursday for her Peace Corps stint. It's a little surreal. It didn't really hit me until this weekend that she's really gone for the next 2 years. She is now in South Africa, and will be heading to Botswana tomorrow. She doesn't really know yet specifically what she'll be doing, but should find out relatively soon...maybe.

My current schedule is as follows:
Pediatrics: Mon/Wed 8:30-12, Fri 9-11
Pharmacology: Mon 6-10pm (yuck!)
General Medicine (Gen Med): Tues/Thurs 10-3
Prosthetics and Orthotics: Tues/Thurs 4-7

All of our tests are going to end up being on the same days...fun! And it looks like I'll be spending my birthday weekend studying and NOT going to Disneyland for free! (insert grad school interference complaint here) Jeff keeps reminding me that I really only have about 1 year until I'm done, because then I'll just have my residency and I'll be out of here and up with him (*fingers crossed*). It just seems like it's going to be a really long year until then! Well, I really should get to studying since I spent the whole weekend staring at/holding/loving Grady. But I'll leave you with a few more pictures of my cutie of a nephew...Love you Grady! Thanks Melissa and Derek for letting his Uncle Jeff and Auntie Kenzi come and play!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love that Grady has such a loving Auntie! You are welcome ANY TIME Kenzi!!!!! Keep studying hard!