Tuesday, September 30, 2008

tired and frustrated

I just took 2 tests today...1 in cardiopulm and 1 in therapeutic exercise. Cardiopulm went fairly well, of course you never know until you get it back. Therex on the other hand was horrible. It may be because I'm completely exhausted, but I don't think I've been this frustrated in a really long time. What am I supposed to do when I've tried my hardest and my best isn't good enough? I'm really going to be ecstatic if I just passed that test, but I'm not really sure at this point in time. I'm not sure how much more I could have studied mentally. Anyway, enough moping...we've got a Neuroanatomy test tomorrow and a practical on Thursday and Friday. Then repeat again next week...oh mylanta!

Also, there's a conference in February they're giving us a week off for because they want us to attend. It's in Vegas this year, which is exciting, but now they've added the stress of planning a trip to Vegas on a grad student's budget. HA! And if we don't go, they're going to notice, and I plan on not giving them anything to hold against me in case my butt is on the line. Course, I have to manage to stay in the program until then. Sigh. And I remind you yet again, I'm paying for this torture and I want to do this...Mom, did you drop me on the head when I was a baby? It's okay, you can tell me. I can handle it....

I should have known it was going to be a crummy day. This morning at 5:30 am while I was studying I lit a candle to try to calm myself down. Being sleep deprived and all, I went to blow it out, not realizing it was next to my laptop and got wax all over my desk and laptop. Don't worry, I got it all off and nothing is damaged. Then throw in the bad test. Then I almost got in an accident as this guy in a truck only looked to see if the other direction was clear, and started making a left turn as I was all of 30 feet away from him. Hooray for good brakes and power steering. And now my light in my room burned out when I went to turn it on. Bad day all around. Alright, I'm done venting...Hopefully tomorrow is better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kenzi -- BREATHE!

Stay focused, discuss therex with the instructor, go for a walk with your roommates (in the daytime, please!), and take it one day at a time -- one hour at a time if you need to. You CAN do this!

p.s. -- plan Vegas over the next break, not now!

I LOVE YOU!!! m