Tuesday, September 2, 2008

back to school...

Classes started back up today. I can already tell that this is going to be a busy term and I won't be getting as much sleep as I would like. They have taken the training wheels off and now it's time to show the faculty what we're really made of.

For the last two weeks of August I was up in SLO doing my practicum in a clinic in Atascadero. It ended up being a really great experience, but I think it helped that I was just so happy to be back in the area. Whenever I go up there I feel like I can breathe again. That area just runs at a different pace, and it's nice not having to keep up the hustle and bustle (and see blue sky!). My supervisor while I was in the clinic was a recent graduate from APU. He helped calm my nerves and told me that I just need to be more confident in my skills, because really, I know my stuff even though I don't think I do. I got to do some hands-on work and put what I had learned in class into practice. The patients were sad to go, as was I. It was so nice having a life again and being able to plop on the couch when I got home and not rush through dinner to get to studying. I already miss that.

While I was up there I got to see quite a few people. Jeff's roommate, Ed, who is gone for the summer came down and we hung out with him and his girlfriend, Erin. Jeff's old roommate of 5 years, David, and his girlfriend, Jeanette, came down for a weekend as well, and ended up getting engaged. So then I spent an entire evening starting the initial planning with Jeanette and shared my resources with her, since she has no idea what she wants or even how things work. I can hear Jeff sighing and the sound of his eyes hitting the back of his head as he rolls his eyes as he is reading this, but I had fun. Just because I've already investigated these things doesn't make me crazy...it makes me a girl! Love you Jeff! I also got to see my sister who is now living up there and my mom came up to visit the two of us for a day.

Anyway, now I'm back down south and we have a break between classes so I decided I should update this since it's been a while. Hope everyone had a terrific summer! I know I sure did, and I am definitely looking forward to having a life outside of school again! Every day brings me a little bit closer, and I cannot wait!

No comments: