Thursday, July 24, 2014

1 Month

Our little Aiden is already 1 month old! Where has the time gone?!

  

 

He is growing like a weed and has already outgrown his newborn clothes and newborn diapers! He is working on his smile, is starting to coo, and is able to hold his head up pretty well during tummy-time and when we hold him. He can even scoot up on his playmat during tummy time with his little frog legs! He is starting to focus on things and faces, and loves to look at the light coming in through the windows. He loves snuggle time and his binky too!



Here are his 1 month stats:

Weight: 10 pounds, 3 ounces (47th percentile)
Length: 23.25 inches (97th percentile)
Head circumference: 14.86 inches (55th percentile)

His doctor says everything is looking great! We are supposed to start sleep training him now because our little snuggle bug only wants to fall asleep if someone is holding him. We know it's cute now but we'll regret it down the road. Here's to hopefully very few tears (both Mommy and Aiden!). We are also to start giving him a bottle once a day so he will have a smooth transition when I head back to work. Time to crank up the pumping!

We also got a short visit from Aiden's Great Aunt Judy while she was down from Alaska. It was great getting to see her, even if just for a short time.


I also made my first great excursion since Aiden was born...I got my hair done. My mom came down with me and Aiden to SLO and basically walked around downtown with him in the Baby Bjorn during my appointment. I had to nurse him in the middle of the appointment and in the car afterward, but he did great! Thanks, Mom!


We also learned that he loves the Bjorn, and I now wear it around the house when he won't stop fussing. A bonus of it is I get the use of my hands back!

1 comment:

Aunt Judy said...

I love your haircut. Looks darling on you!