Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The End is in Sight...

We just got finished signing the final batch of paperwork on the McMansion. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. I think it helped that our loan is straight-forward. Still lots of fluff to sign about thanks to our very litigious state/country. But I'm definitely much better at signing my name quickly now.

We also wired the down payment to the escrow office. Good-bye money!

Our escrow will close this Friday, and we should get our keys on Friday as well. Woohoo! We plan on starting the painting process this weekend. Good-bye down time!

To begin with the family room/kitchen or master bedroom?

Jeff's company has a huge release today, so he's working a 24-hour shift. No hubby tonight. But he'll have tomorrow off to make up for it. He can't wait for this to all be done with. And neither can I. I will never take his making dinner every night for granted again. It is getting old coming home and still having to cook dinner. And I thought eating at 7:30 was late...

We're looking forward to this very exciting time and transition to the next phase of our lives. Home ownership, here we come!

1 comment:

The Wharton Gang said...

Yay!! Great news! My thoughts with painting, start with the master bedroom. That way you have a place that is done where you can relax and the bedroom, I have found, can be done and unpacked quickly. Just my two cents though. Take lots of pictures and I cant wait to see the new place!