Monday, March 8, 2010

Life as a 3rd Year...

...isn't all it's cracked up to be. Well, it is but it isn't at the same time. I'll start off by saying that our schedule is pretty amazing compared to terms in the past.

Monday: Administration 1:00-3:00
Tuesday: Wellness & Nutrition: 1:30-6:30
Wednesday: We only have to meet if we're working on our research projects
Thursday: Administration 1:00-3:00, Clinical Case Studies 3:00-8:00

So Thursdays are pretty long, but other than that, we really only have class 3 days a week and it never starts before 1:00, which for us commuters means we don't sit in morning traffic. Although the schedule may be nice, they are making up for it by piling on the busy work. I'm talking projects galore! We don't have any tests, which is nice, but at least I know about how long studying will take me. Projects are always a complete unknown as far as time management. At least we're already into week 3, and it's a short term, so it's only 6 weeks!

Last week we took our class pictures. Each year we have taken new pictures that get sent out with our paperwork to whatever clinics we're going to. 1st year they take it during orientation, 2nd year you wear your scrubs, and 3rd year you wear professional attire. They also take a picture of the entire class together the 3rd year that will later hang in the hall after we graduate. Meet the APU DPT Class of 2010!


Hard to believe that we're getting so close to being finished. We all thought this day would never come! We keep telling the 1st and 2nd years that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. They don't quite believe us, but hey...we were there too!

This past weekend I headed up to SLO to hang out with Jeff. We went out Friday night with some of his work friends to Black Sheep, which is a bar downtown with amazing mac & cheese. I'm salivating just writing about it. Saturday night we had dinner with his aunt and cousin, D and Angela, who were in town wedding dress shopping for Angela and Mike's upcoming wedding in November. It was great to see them, since I really can't remember the last time I've seen them both. We exchanged wedding updates and vendor names. Oh wedding talk!

Speaking of weddings, I know I have whined about how far away the wedding is, but right now I am very thankful for it. (I can hear Jeff saying "SEE! I told you so!" as I write this) There are 4 girls in my class who are engaged and getting married by the end of this year, 3 of whom got engaged while we were out on our rotations. Let me tell you, they are freaking out about planning everything and meeting with vendors all while trying to get everything finished for school. Meanwhile, I have more planned than a couple of them and I don't have to worry about getting wedding things done right now. In fact, one girl is getting married Sept. 4th and just bought her dress this past weekend. And the only other thing she has booked is the location. Yikes. No thanks.

Guess that's it. Happy March everybody! Lots of b-day's this month, so happy birthday to all you special people! Stay dry, warm, and healthy!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

SEE! I told you so!