Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Alright, so another two weeks went by even though I said I wasn't going to wait so long to post again. What can I say, I've been busy. And my schedule wipes me out by the end of the week. So here goes...


Last weekend, Jeff and I headed up to Monterey for our anniversary trip from July. Our first stop was the aquarium, which is always a lot of fun. They have a special exhibit on seahorses right now. Some of them were pretty funky looking! My favorite is always the otters, and even though I know they can be really mean, those cute little faces get me every time! And yes, we even went through all the little kid sections too. How can you not feel like a kid at the aquarium!





After we were finished there, we walked around Cannery Row for a while before checking into our hotel. Our hotel ended up being only 2 blocks from Fisherman's Wharf, so we headed over there for dinner and had some delicious seafood...well I did anyway. We didn't stay up late...in fact, I apparently was out cold and snoring by 9:30. The next day we slept in (I believe I got 11 hours of sleep), enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, and then headed back to Fisherman's Wharf for lunch before heading out of town.


We decided to take the long way home along Highway 1. The water was absolutely gorgeous, with beautiful shades of turquoise blue. Even though it took us about an hour and a half longer, I'm glad we went that way. We stopped to see the elephant seals too. None of the big (ugly) males were there, but there quite a few juveniles who were in no rush to move further south. I wouldn't mind be lazy and laying out on the beach all warm and toasty in the sun. Sounds pretty nice to me. Although, I'll pass on being chased by killer whales and great white sharks! All in all, it was a terrific weekend and a fun getaway, and I'm glad we finally got to do it.




My rotation has been going well. I can't believe I've already finished 3 weeks. I've been taking more and more patients on by myself, and this next Thursday and Friday I'll have my own schedule while my CI will be out of town. I'm really enjoying this rotation (I was pretty sure I would), and I know I'm learning a lot and having to challenge myself...which is always good, although it sure does use a lot of my energy.

For Halloween, we've carved our pumpkins and bought candy, although we're not expecting any trick-or-treaters. We dressed up on Friday at work, with most of the staff dressing up as different color crayons. They even made a giant crayon box to pose with. Very cute. I bought a $5 trick or treat shirt from Target, and made a sign at work that said "Starving Student: Will give joint mobilizations for food."

In other news, my good friend Jocelyn and her husband Shaun just found out that they are expecting another baby. Congrats Wharton family! Abby will make a terrific big sister!

That about wraps things up. Don't forget to change your clocks tonight. Woohoo for an extra hour of sleep! Hope you have a fun and safe Halloween. Can't wait to see pictures of everyone's costumes!

No comments: