Thursday, June 26, 2008

catching up...

My break was nice. Too short as always, but nice. The first weekend was spent moving the rest of my things, and unpacking things at my new place. Then I went home for Father's Day and spent the night at home. Then I headed up to SLO for the rest of the week. I got a massage and haircut (I have bangs now), which was a lot of fun spending 3 hours at the spa. Course, it took me a while to relax during the massage because I kept thinking about which muscles she was working on and what type of massage she was doing. It's sick! It's like my brain doesn't know how to shut off anymore!

We also went to a BBQ at Jeff's new place (starting this weekend), and I met the new interns at his work. I spent some time packing up things for him while he was at work, slept in, watched TV, wasted time on the computer, and basically enjoyed having time to do nothing. Unfortunately, it was over 100º the entire time I was there, peaking out at 114º! This is SLO, it's not supposed to go over 90! I even watched one of Jeff's soccer games in the insane heat in Paso...that's love! The day I left, it cooled back down to 75º...figures!

Again, LOPT folks, I apologize for not making it out there. You guys need to move the office closer! I miss you all, and when I'm back up in August, I'll try to make it out.

The first week of class is going well so far. We really only have two major classes, which is nice. That being said, it's only 5 weeks of classes, so it's at a faster pace. Our major classes are Exercise Physiology and Clinical Skills III. I don't know yet what the emphasis of this class is (Clinical Skills), but I'll find out today. Then we are continuing to work on our research projects, or in my case, actually starting the research. We start July 8th and will finish in August. Kind of exciting that it'll be over so quickly, but there goes my free time! We have Tuesdays off from class, with a few exceptions, but mine will be spent collecting data...FUN! Then in August we'll have our Practicum in the clinics for 2 weeks. I'll be at a clinic in Morro Bay, so hopefully I'll escape the heat down here for a little bit!

Sadly, we lost one person from our class, so we are now at 36 people. It kind of was a wake-up call, because most of us had no idea she was struggling. Even though my grade in Anatomy wasn't what I wanted, I'm so thankful just to have passed everything and to still be in the program. I know this is an extremely challenging program that I've entered, and I'm taking it one term at a time. With that, only 2 years and 2 months to go! :)

No comments: