Monday, February 22, 2010

Updates...

I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted. Sorry folks. Let me catch you all up to speed.

-Valentine's day weekend. I headed up to SLO to take care of my gimpy Jeff. (He had hurt his knee just before that). We saw "Valentine's Day", watched some of the Olympics, got Jeff some food (he hadn't been to the grocery store in a week and a half), and thoroughly enjoyed each others' company. We both are feeling the distance and separation a little more now after having been together for 3 months. Fortunately, the end is close(er).


-Hawaii. No, I didn't go to Hawaii, but Jeff and I finally booked our tickets for June. Bring on the surf, sand, sunshine and shave ice! ALOHA!

-Disneyland. My mom and I decided to take advantage of my close proximity to Disneyland before I moved out and ran away on a Wednesday. We didn't go on a ton of rides, but instead enjoyed relaxing and spending the day together. Besides, who doesn't want to run away to the happiest place on earth mid-week?!

-End of rotation #3. Yep, my 3rd rotation is officially over. The last few weeks were hectic to say the least. Due to budget cuts by the state, each of the therapists at the center were being forced to take a day off each week. We got Wednesdays, which is why I was able to go to Disneyland. Then, for my final week we were forced outside due to the discovery of toxic mold throughout the building. Mind you, we had no heads up on this, and showed up to a scene that looked like it was straight from E.T. Plastic tunnels everywhere, giant fans and dehumidifiers and filters, weird smelling dust (where was my mask??). So we called the week "Outdoor Adventure" and had to get creative. Thank goodness this was at the end. They are now at another church for the next 3 weeks, where they'll have to pack everything up every day because they won't allow them to leave things overnight. Better than outside, I guess. The parents were sad to see us go, and kept telling me I should work with kids because I was really good at it. We'll see. Maybe combine peds and ortho?

-Moving. I have moved back home to my parents' house. 5th time moving since August. Ethan was sad to see me go and kept trying to distract me from packing. He cried when he saw me pack my car. It just about broke my heart. Now I'm trying to unpack and sort through things. I have way too much stuff, but I hesitate to get rid of things due to all the "what if's" in life. Ugh. I hate decisions.

-Bridal shower. My mom and I attended a family friend's bridal shower on Sunday. Very nicely done. Made me start thinking about how close(r) our wedding is getting. It'll be here before we know it!

-All things wedding. So Jeff and I have chosen a location and a date. I have the contract and it's ready to be mailed tomorrow with the deposit. I'm not going to reveal where/when it is until we hear back that it's officially ours because I don't want to jinx it. Let me tell you though...when I saw it say "Mason-Dake Wedding" on the front, I just about peed my pants I was freaking out. In a good way. It suddenly made it real. Why it didn't feel real when I bought the dress, I don't know. But suddenly it hit me that this was MY wedding and MY big day. And I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for hours. Finally this is happening, and I can't wait. :)

-Back to school. Today was the 1st day of class after 7 months in the clinic. Which means I'm officially a 3rd year! Woohoo! Can't believe I've survived this long and am finally on the tail end of this madness called grad school. I am carpooling to Azusa with 2 classmates from Moorpark. It was exciting to see everyone again, but not too much fun to have to sit in class. Course, we only have class for 2 hours on Mondays, and he let us out an hour early. We spent more time in the car than we did in class. Oh well.

That's about it. Will try to do better at keeping this more current. Guess I got caught up in the whirlwind of life. Oops.

No comments: