Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Catching up...

...and getting into the holiday spirit. So I know I kind of disappeared off the face of the earth for a little bit there so I'll try to catch everything back up.

Thanksgiving was spent with Jeff's family. 32 people and 3 turkeys with all the side dishes and lots of dessert. Coming from a small-ish family, these get togethers are often hard for me to wrap my head around simply because of the large head count. They always end up being a lot of fun and never seem to stress anyone out...or at least they hide it well. :) I must say Susie pulled off an amazing schindig and everything went off without a hitch, in spite of the 90ยบ weather! Way to go Susie!


The rest of the holiday weekend was spent at Jeff's parents' house in Murrieta with Melissa, Derek and Grady. We even took Grady out to experience his first Black Friday, even though none of us scored any awesome deals. We tried to keep Jeff's dad company as he was recovering from his recent eye surgery. Hope you're feeling better Mike! And of course a lot of time was spent crawling around on the floor with that cutie of a nephew of ours.


Jeff and I also helped set up the (fake) christmas tree. Pre-lit trees sound like a good idea, but finding all the little cords to attach together again is not so easy! Nevertheless, it was a good way to jump start the holiday season.

Since I last posted, I have finished my second rotation. I can't believe how quickly these past 8 weeks flew by! I learned a lot and know that my manual techniques have vastly improved. I also got invited to the company xmas party, which was this past weekend. Of course I brought my camera and didn't take any pictures...story of my life. Being the 2nd student ever to be invited, I took this as a huge honor. I got a bunch of really sweet cards and presents from my patients too. All in all, I would consider this rotation a success, no matter which way you look at it!

My next rotation will be at a pediatrics clinic in Cypress near Knott's Berry Farm. I'll be staying with an alumni from our program who also helps teach some of the labs at school. He and his wife have generously offered to let me stay in their guest bedroom. They live about 20 minutes from the clinic, and I am so grateful for not having to find a place to live.

So this week I've been a lazy bum, and have been loving it! I could get used to not working! And it's been a good thing that I haven't had to go anywhere with the crazy downpours we've been having! I'll be heading back to T.O. sometime next week, schlepping all my stuff back down. Jeff's company xmas party is this weekend, so maybe I'll actually take pictures this time! :) So sad we're missing Bake Day again this year! I'll just have to bake on my own to make up for it.

Hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit and getting all their shopping done...only 2 more weekends left! Since I don't get a tree up here in SLO (because I "won't be here to take it down"), I guess decorating the blog in holiday cheer will have to suffice. Happy December everyone!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Holiday dots and stripes -- very nice!