Wednesday, September 23, 2009

33 days down, 7 to go...

Hard to believe, but I only have a week and a half left of this rotation! CRAZY! Oh how time flies when you're working your butt off...and maybe having an ounce of fun every now and then. I will be giving an inservice (not by choice) next week on deep vein thrombosis, or DVT's, with the most current research and evidence. Now doesn't that just grab your attention. I'll be glad when it's over, and have been very slowly working on it in my pathetic attempt to avoid giving all together. It's not working...

Jeff came down last weekend, which was wonderful, as always. We didn't do much, in our typical fashion. But what we did do is watch some football on my parents' brand new 40 inch HD LCD! Although, it seems to be defective because both USC and the Chargers lost. They weren't losing on the old tv, so this is clearly the only explanation. It was a sad weekend in football for us, but we saw every drop of sweat being shed in their valiant efforts, and in HD no less!

I had missed watching football with Jeff. Him making fun of me yelling at the players for being stupid, or to run faster, or to throw the ball, or to watch out because they're about to get hit. Him laughing some more at me when I sing along with the Chargers song and dance around. And then me falling in and out of sleep during all non-USC or Chargers games, usually smooshing Jeff to death in my attempt to get every minute of snuggle-time in, only to be bolted awake when he would yell at the tv because of a bad call (or a good one for that matter). Good times. But really, this has been one of the things I have missed the most about being with Jeff. Being the bums that we are, watching football all weekend long, together, on the couch. Just being together. Pure bliss.

The weekend before that we were at a family friend's wedding in Somis at Hartley Botanica. I've grown up with this family since elementary school, and did dance with the bride for all those years. My mom is the one with all the pictures, so I will post some once I steal them from her. A beautiful wedding that was a lot of fun...there was a photo booth and candy station! Here's a pic of me and another family friend (we're sad b/c our sisters aren't there).

Congrats again Triona and Ryan! Hope you had a terrific time on your honeymoon!

That about wraps things up. I guess I should work some more on that inservice of mine. My next post will probably be after I'm finished with this rotation. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Tori said...

aw, i'm sad too, but the next wedding we'll be at together is yours! lov you!