Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July...

The first week of class came and went. It wasn't too terrible, other than the fact that I was going through a bitter/grumpy phase when it truly hit that I hadn't had a week-long break since April and won't be getting one until October. To some this may not seem like a big deal, but I rely on those weeks to help motivate me and get through each term. It didn't help matters that Jeff took the week off and was enjoying a vacation (that included time with Grady) without me. Jealous? Yes. Bitter? Definitely. Sorry to those who had to put up with my funk. Hopefully I'm over it now. My schedule (as of right now) is as follows:

Special Topics: Mon, Wed 8:30-12
Seminar: Tues, Thurs 9:30-12
Special Populations: Tues, Thurs 1-6
Diagnostic Imaging: Wed 5-10

Yep, I get Fridays off which I think is well-earned and deserved! Maybe I'll get a few weekend run-aways out of it. Any takers??? It's a quick 6-week term, so I know it's going to fly by and I can't wait to get out of the classroom.

For the 4th I went up to Kernville to spend time with Jeff and his family. I somehow managed to bypass terrible traffic and only took 30 minutes longer than usual. What a pleasant surprise! I got to hold my sweet little nephew for a little bit before Melissa and Derek left on Friday morning. Jeff and the boys went to the shooting range on Friday while I played with Sofia, Andrew and Jordan. Always entertaining! Saturday a bunch of them went white water rafting while I studied...it's a little too close for comfort for going out to the clinics and my fear of getting injured has greatly increased as the date approaches. We watched the fireworks from across the lake and even had glowsticks to play with while we waited for them to start. Here's a cool, yet creepy picture of Sofia playing with them...


Sunday we went for a sea-doo ride on the lake before heading out of town. I actually hit more traffic coming home than leaving town. Go figure. Then back to the grindstone and class in this yucky heat. Bleck! All in all a fun trip. It was great seeing everyone and getting away from the normalcy that grad school has become.

Oh yes...Jeff and I asked little miss Sofia if she would be the flower girl in our wedding. At first she said yes, then she said no and that Andrew could be the flower boy instead. Then I told her that the flowers were going to be pink, to which she gasped and exclaimed "YES!" Sofia promised to have the flowers fly all over me and make me look pretty. Love that kid! Although, I'm not sure who was more excited about it...Sofia or Betty! :)


Sofia will be joined by another little girlie near and dear to my heart, although I haven't asked her (more like her mom) yet. But I think the parties involved have a good inkling that it's coming. :) They will be absolutely adorable with Grady as the ring-bearer! Can't wait...just 2 more years! Haha!

Hope you all had a fun and safe 4th and managed to stay out of the heat. Now I should get some work done...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love the pic of Sofia and the glowsticks! She will make an adorable flower girl! I'm sure that ring bearer will be cute too....think he'll be better at walking down the aisle than Neo was?
Congrats on having Fridays off! Feel free to come on down when you need a G-fix! I trust you to babysit anytime, you've got the touch!

Sarah said...

Awee, sounds like a fun weekend. I can't wait to see if Grady can pull off the ring bearer (and yes - Neo as the drunken ladies man, was one of the best kid-in-the-wedding sights I have ever seen.) Good times!

Gioconda said...

yes i think i am more excited than sofia. but now she's confused and thinks you are going to be her flower girl. thanks for asking her. i can't wait to see her dressed up walking down the aisle.