Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jeff's visit :)


Last weekend Jeff came down for a visit. Although it wasn't the best timing for my schedule, it was a better weekend for him to come down to see the most of his family. Mind you, I worked my butt off all week in preparation for his visit and was exhausted because of it...but it was worth it! We were making up Valentine's Day (remember the whole never-ending cold saga), and what better way to make it up than by going to Disneyland?! It had been coming up on a whole year without me going, and that is far too long for my liking. The weather was less than perfect and it was crowded, but we still had fun anyway. It was just nice being able to spend the day with him and not have to worry about school. I truly love Disneyland, and I don't think I'll ever get sick of going there.


Thanks Suzie and Tom for getting us in! What a special treat!

The next morning Jeff's parents met with us early to have breakfast together. Then it was off to Suzie's house for the March/April birthday celebration party. We ate paninis and lots of great salads, and broke in Suzie's new chocolate fountain...YUM! Lots of great food and great people. We got to see Melissa one more time before she has Grady. I can't believe I'm going to have a nephew soon! How exciting! Hope you're hanging in there Melissa! I had a test the next day and Jeff had to drive home so we couldn't stay too late, but it was a fun time.

So, what have I been doing since then? Well, they (the faculty) have decided to take away all of our free time in the last few weeks of this term. We have been busy getting our check-offs done, writing papers, getting research finished, squeezing in night labs, taking tests and quizzes, having patient days, and fulfilling community service requirements. Why they couldn't spread it out a little more, I don't know. But, we're trudging along, and we've made it to the last week of class. On schedule for this week: all the ortho practicals, ethics presentation, neuro patient day, neuro night lab, check-offs, ortho research paper, community service write-ups, and the paperwork from all the patient days. Oh yes, and that little thing called studying for finals. HA! So if you've been wondering where I've disappeared to...there's your answer.

I'm looking forward to the break, and hoping for nice weather up in SLO. My fingers are crossed! Enjoy your spring breaks, those of you who get them, and for those of you who I will be seeing soon...can't wait! Melissa, keep me posted on Grady's arrival! I can't wait to meet him! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO going on my birthday! m

Melissa said...

He can't wait to meet you either Auntie Kenzi! So far, so good. It's me first official day of break- yea! Hope you're doing well and loving ethics class as always. :)