Monday, December 22, 2008

We made it!


Aloha from Hawaii!!! We made it in late (11:30ish) on Saturday night and left the gloomy, cold weather in California behind. Current conditions in Maui: 79º with a slight breeze. Current conditions back home: 52º and raining. Yeah...not missing that!

Yesterday we didn't do a whole heck of a lot. After sleeping in, we had breakfast on the Lanai and watched the waves crash on the beach. Then Jeff and I had a walk on the beach and went for a swim in the ocean and some sun time. We had fish tacos for lunch and then ran a bunch of errands, picking up odds and ends that we forgot on the mainland and buying groceries. Jeff has come down with a cold and spent all yesterday late afternoon/evening/night in bed, but is feeling better today. He's taking it easy so that we can go snorkeling tomorrow and go see the turtles that are hanging out in the reefs by our place. Here is our first sunset of the trip...

Hopefully there will be many many more of these to come.

I've gotten some homework done, grudgingly. I read a chapter on the plane and have finished my take-home test. There's still plenty to do, but I'm just trying to get a little bit down every day so it's not so overwhelming. And heck, if I have to study, at least this is what I get to look at the whole time...

I am in charge of dinner tonight. On the menu: baked ziti, salad, and french bread, with ice cream for dessert. I'll be glad to be done with my turn so early on in the trip. Then I can just relax and not deal with the stress of feeding 13 people on time. Anyway, I should get back to the studying. FUN FUN! Oh well. Whenever I start to get sick of studying I'll just look up and think...look where we are!!!

No comments: