Sunday, December 7, 2008

less than 2 weeks...

...and I'll be feeling the sand between my toes in Hawaii!!! :) Let me tell you how excited I am! Pretty darn, that's for sure! I can almost smell the sunscreen and plumeria, see the pretty sunsets and colorful fish, and taste the wonderful mai-tais and lava flows...*sigh* But, before I get to enjoy the warmth and sunshine, I have 1 horrible week and 1 normal week to get through. This next week we have 2 tests and a practical on Tuesday, a practical on Wed and Thurs, a patient day on Thursday, and a guest lecturer on Wednesday and Friday (meaning we have to get dressed up for the occasion). Then Jeff will come down here on Friday and we'll head to his parents' house for the weekend for their family Christmas gathering. I'll still have studying to do, since there's a test on that following Monday and Friday, along with some projects and quizzes. Basically it's non-stop action and studying!

I'm bummed I missed out on Jeff's family's annual bake day. It was yesterday, and even though I really wanted to go, it probably would have been the dumbest idea on my part. Someone needs to figure out how to stop time or extend the day b/c there never seems to be enough time to fit everything in. There truly isn't a day that's more made for me. A whole day of baking and eating...who could ask for anything better than that?!

Anyway, looking forward to the holiday. The house is somewhat decorated. We don't have time to go get a tree like we wanted to, but I put up lights and some decorations and candles. Can't go wrong with a seasonal candlescape! Maybe I'll get some baking in next weekend. For now, it's back to the books.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We missed you at Bake Day- but don't worry, I'm sure my mom will have some leftovers for you. I'm getting jealous already about your Hawaii trip!!!