Sunday, February 10, 2008

surviving week 1


Well, I survived the first week. You think I look tired in this picture? You should have seen me on Thursday and Friday. I have never been so exhausted, both mentally and physically, as I was at the end of this past week. Although the classes themselves aren't that long, there is just a LOT of time spent on campus every day, and then after you get home, you have a ton of reading and reviewing to do before you wake up and start all over again. Maybe I'm working too hard, but in this program there is no room for error. The grade scales are much narrower, with an A- at 93%!

I am liking my classes so far, with my favorite being clinical skills. In this class we are learning how to do all the things we'll perform on the patients, such as joint manipulation, palpation, range of motion (ROM), and other such measurements that we'll take during the evaluations. It's exciting to be learning all the things that I've seen practiced at work for so long. Anatomy is a lot of information crammed into a small period of time, and I really am just trying to take it one day at a time and am hoping that my brain can process everything fast enough. We haven't gotten our cadavers yet...they will be delivered either the end of this week or early next week, and then we will start dissecting them. Any name ideas? My seminar class is basically teaching us all the ins and outs of the profession, and mostly what we legally can and cannot do. Then we have a light and fluffy class called Professional Relationships, which honestly is busy work...and a lot of it. It's boring, but I know as the term goes on I'll appreciate having some non-thinking time.

That about sums up week one. It's 78ยบ inside our apartment right now and at almost 9 pm...just a glimpse of this summer when we'll really melt! Anyway, there's still more reading and notecard-making to get done before tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good week!

No comments: