Friday, August 1, 2014

Weeks 5 & 6

Aiden was nice enough to give us a taste of what longer periods of uninterrupted sleep feels like. He went a whole 4 1/2 hours before he woke up! I never thought I'd be so excited to get that little sleep. How things change once you're a mommy!

He is starting to coo (which is adorable!) and his sort-of smiles are becoming more frequent. He is starting to smile in response to seeing me and Jeff, which melts my heart! He is also starting to play with his tongue. Who knew it was such a fun toy?!




Aiden loves his playmat, and will tolerate tummy time ok while he's under there. He isn't quite sure what to think of the music, lights and bright colors, but is making friends with the animals. He discovered himself in the mirror, and kept staring at the cute baby who was looking at him.




I have been trying the whole sleep-training thing, but not too successfully. We only made it through one round of "crying it out", and I think it was more than either of us could handle. He was crying so hysterically after 10 minutes that his little body was shaking and he whimpered when I picked him up. It was an instant guilt trip and tear-inducer. We've been trying what I like to call the "rinse and repeat" method instead...put him down when he gets drowsy, pick him back up when he starts to fuss, rinse and repeat. It hasn't been too successful thus far, but we'll see if I can keep up with it. It is definitely time-consuming!

We've also been working on trying to transition Aiden to his crib. He has been sleeping in our room in the bassinet attachment of the Pack N Play, but he is quickly outgrowing it and will not fit for much longer! He isn't too fond of the crib so far, but we did have one 45 minute nap in it!



Jeff was nice enough to let me escape on Saturday morning to go to Farmer's Market and Target. I have been getting pretty stir-crazy since we aren't taking Aiden anywhere crowded or with recirculated air until he gets his shots...too much Measles and Whooping Cough going around! I was gone for a little less than 2 hours, and Aiden was well-behaved for Daddy. He woke up right as I got home, just in time for another round at the milk bar.

Aiden got to meet his Great Aunt Linda. He was nice enough to wake up while she was here so she got to see his eyes and interact with him. Although, he's still pretty darn cute when he's sleeping!


No comments: