Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shower #1...

At the end of April (umm, where did May go?!) I had my first bridal shower, which was hosted by my co-Maid of Honor, Ashley, and bridesmaid, Jocelyn, at my parents' house. It was an insanely windy day, with gale-force winds, which prevented the shower from being fully decorated. We even had to hang bags of dirt off the table cloths so they would stay on the table. And the flowers stayed inside because the vases didn't stand a chance. Regardless of the lack of cooperation from the weather, it was a wonderful shower.

There were fun games, yummy food, and of course, lots of presents!



There was even a candy bar stocked with some of my favorites!


Jocelyn made adorable cupcakes, with fondant flowers from scratch. People were asking where we ordered them from...way to go Jocelyn! And they were definitely a hit!




I feel so lucky to have such wonderful and loving friends and family. It was a surprise to me that Ashley was actually going to be there. She changed her flights around after coming back from a week-long cruise, and my dad went and picked her up while we were setting up for the shower. What an awesome surprise! Thanks girls (and Mom) for such a wonderful day!

No comments: