Sunday, March 13, 2011

Griffith Observatory...

So I know this happened a while ago, and I wanted to blog on it back in December when we went but alas, had no time. Now that I have the time, I'll actually write about it...


Way back in December, during the time of gorgeous weather, Jeff and I went with my parents to the Griffith Observatory. While we (my parents and I) had always talked about making this trip, we had never found the time. So now that it's back open again, and the weather was gorgeous, we decided it was time to make the trip.




For those of you who don't know, the Observatory is free, and has some pretty awesome exhibits. You can pay to watch the shows in the planetarium, but it was too crowded and we decided to wander around the free part of it instead.



You can also hike up to near the Hollywood sign, but we decided to just take pictures from the Observatory.



Word of advice...get there early. This is a popular place, even during the daytime, and there is not a ton of parking. As it was, we had to hike up the hill, and we got there probably at least 30 minutes before it even opened. All in all a great experience, and one I highly suggest you do if you live in the area.

1 comment:

The Wharton Gang said...

What fun! I need to take Abby there. She loves the stars, moon and more. I havent been since I was a kid, so it would be exciting to see!