Sunday, November 15, 2009

TLC, Triple-booking and Trojans...

This week by exceptionally slowly for some reason. It may have been due to Jeff being home sick until Thursday and me taking care of him until then. Lots of TLC on my part to try to get him better, including making German Pancakes. It may have been due to work being insanely hectic and being triple booked at times. Too many patients to see and not enough time to see them! Maybe I'm still adjusting to the time change...plus the 15ยบ temperature drop. Who knows. But boy was I happy when Friday rolled around.

Speaking of work, my schedule is completely filled until after Thanksgiving. Not a single opening. In fact, we're double and even triple-booked at times. Talk about busy! I guess I should be thankful because it does make time go by faster. But I sure have been exhausted! I also can't believe I only 2 1/2 weeks left. I've been working on my inservice (kind of), which I'll be giving a week from tomorrow. Yuck.

We also had a moment of spontaneity yesterday. The owner of Jeff's work had tickets to the USC vs. Stanford game that he was giving away. And we happened to get some of them. So we headed out early Saturday morning with Jeff's roommate (Ace/Marc) and went to the game. Talk about sweet seats...11th row! The actual 11th row. Check out our view...


And that's not zoomed in either since the zoom on my camera has decided to stop working. It was a lot of fun, although it would have been nice if USC had decided to actually play and not get smashed into the ground by Stanford. Way to lose your Homecoming game! Oh well. Still fun, and better yet FREE!



Then we spent the night at Ace/Marc's parents' house in Valencia, and headed back up to SLO today. Sad that tomorrow is Monday already, but I'm happy that it's almost Thanksgiving! Yay for holidays that revolve around eating! :) Hope you're all staying warm!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like you had fun! So excited to see you guys at Thanksgiving.... can't believe it's almost here! :)

Tori said...

Is that my sweatshirt? and, what are german pancakes?!

Mackenzie said...

Haha! Yes, that IS your sweatshirt, but you left it in a Good Will pile, so I claimed it as my own. And German pancakes are a lot like crepes. In fact, I can't really tell the difference, but their one of Jeff's family's favorites.