Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I think I'll try defying gravity...

I've been listening to the Wicked soundtrack for the last couple days pretty much non-stop. And having the knack for picking up lyrics at the drop of a hat, I now have a back-up plan and can audition next weekend if I so desire. :) It also makes me want to go see it again to pick up on the finer details of the amazing musical. Thanks Mom and Dad for that wonderful b-day present! I feel very lucky to have seen it while it's still here in LA. (It leaves in September for anyone who wants to see it before it's too late.)

A prospective student came in for his interview today and I was talking to him beforehand and answering his questions. He asked how I liked the program and I told him that it is so rewarding to be in a program that allows you to fulfill your life's passion. No, I was not paid for that answer, but I should at least get a couple thousand off my loans for every person I recruit! I truly meant what I said. In my own way, I'm defying gravity. We all know I've never been one who loves to study and keep her nose in the books until dawn, but I feel a sense of completion learning everything that I am. I feel like this is the place that I am supposed to be right now, and whenever I doubt my capabilities I remind myself that I'm here for a reason and somehow manage to find peace with knowing just that. Anyway, hope that guy gets in!

It's the last week of class...HOORAY!!!! I could get used to only 5 weeks of class. :) It's hard adjusting to not having a summer though. I think that's why I really can't wait for August...a whole month without classes! Today I literally spent all day at school, and the longer I was there, the more I wanted to have a break. This term hasn't been challenging in the academic sense. I wouldn't say the classes are easy, because they're not. I don't think an easy class exists in grad school. But with the ease of having only 2 major classes comes the restlessness and longing to do something outside in the sunshine or anything besides a mental workout for that matter.

I came home the other day to this...

And inside was this...

That was a box I had made for my cousin when she was younger and I used to babysit her over the summer. I had completely forgotten about it until I opened it up and then I just started laughing. Thanks Judy and Megan (and Mom) for this special treat! It indeed was a surprise! :) And Judy...I will post a picture of my bangs someday...you will just have to wait!

Lots to do this next week and a half. Projects to finish, research to do, finals to study for, laundry, packing for the wedding/roadtrip, reviewing for the practicum...the list goes on. I can't remember if I mentioned that I'm no longer in Morro Bay. Due to staffing changes, I am now at the Atascadero office, but I'm just happy that I can still go up to SLO for two weeks! Alright, I'm sure there is something better I could be doing with my time. Although, keeping everyone updated with my incredibly fascinating life IS pretty important! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, know you are there for a reason and I have NEVER doubted your capabilities. Gravity doesn't stand a chance!

Glad you enjoyed the SURPRISE BOX -- I had fun helping Judy put it together.

I LOVE YOU! m